Friday, November 20, 2009

Final picks for 6A and 5A

Well, Friday is finally here and I am ready to give my final predictions for the two largest classes.

Class 6A

Southmoore 28, Bartlesville 27
Jenks 35, Edmond Memorial 13
Broken Arrow 31, Midwest City 14
Union 34, Lawton 14

Class 5A

El Reno 28, McAlester 24
Carl Albert 21, Kelley 20
Shawnee 33, Bixby 20
Guthrie vs East Central can be heard on 105.1 or on Guthrie Sports Page Radio.

Of the seven games, I am going with three East schools and four west side schools. Barry Lewis, of the Tulsa World, has gone with seven East side teams to win out of eight games. However, if McAlester was a little closer to the Tulsa area it would be eight east side schools winning.

Seems a little too heavy on his area teams, but again those are the teams he sees and would want to see to win. Not a problem with me, I suppose, but needs to be a little more objective. Then again, that is what he believes, right?

For the record, The Oklahoman's Ryan Aber has picked five East side schools to win.

Of course, we and I will find out tonight.

No comments: