Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bye Bye Guthrie

As I wrote a few weeks ago Guthrie has lost the prestigious honor of having the Warren Spahn Award in town as it has been shifted to Oklahoma City. Read more.

New York Yankee's CC Sabathia has won the award, once again, this season for the third straight year and while I'm not 100% sure he will not step foot in Guthrie, I seriously doubt he does.

"I am honored to receive the 2009 Warren Spahn Award," Sabathia said in a release. "My wife Amber and I have had the privilege of being in Oklahoma City the last two years and we're always impressed by their first-class event and warm hospitality."

No mention of Guthrie.

"CC Sabathia is a world-class athlete and also an all-round class act," said Spahn Award Chairman Bill Hickman. "His gracious participation in the past two Spahn Award galas has raised Oklahoma City’s profile as a big league city and enriched even more the legacy of baseball legend Warren Spahn."

No mention of Guthrie, but sure am glad it has raised the OKC profile of being big league.

Was the state seal not enough?

No comments: