Friday, January 1, 2010

Oklahoma State All Decade team

I have compiled my Oklahoma State All Decade basketball team and it was interesting going back and forth with my point guard choice. Both were instrumental to their teams, but in different ways. Here we go starting line-up.

Guard John Lucas III

Guard James Anderson

Guard Tony Allen

Forward Ivan McFarlin

Forward Joey Graham


Graham is the player of the decade for the Cowboys. Byron Eaton was just edged out by Lucas and it can be argued, but with Anderson, Allen, McFarlin, and Graham it only makes sense to have Lucas running the show as a true point guard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was your requirements to be considered for the all-decade team? Did they just have to play in this decade? Or play one full season in the decade?

I don't think it was that difficult a choice choosing John Lucas III over Byron Eaton. But the one point guard whom I believe was better than both but was hampered by injury was Maurice Baker.

Chris Evans said...

If they played in the decade then they are qualified.

Grant Hill was supposed to be the next Michael Jordan, but that never happen so I cant go off of potential with Mo Baker.

I am also not going to mention the team accolades that Lucas help lead his team to with 57 wins in two years, two trips to the Sweet 16, a trip to the Final Four, Big XII regular season title, and back-to-back Big XII tournament titles because those are team awards.

However, he was the Big XII conference co-player of the year and was an All-American. Kinda hard to pass up those accolades and what he did for those teams.

In fact, I think Lucas is the all time point guard in OSU history.

Anonymous said...

I agree on the Lucas choice, but then where does Desmond Mason, Doug Gottlieb, or Joe Adkins come into the discussion.

Also agree you can't put Mo on there based on potential but just saying I think he would have been the best

Chris Evans said...

All were considered and the toughest for me was to leave Mason off, but many will have him on their list because he was and still is the OSU fan's favorite.